New Jersey’s plastic bag ban is fast approaching on May 4th.
It’s time to buy reusable shopping bags as the state begins to phase out lightweight plastic and paper bags from major grocery stores.
While many New Jerseyans might want to stock up on plastic bags for shopping and other uses, including lining trash cans and disposing of pet waste, experts and officials say that is not necessary.
“Consider using paper, biodegradable, compostable, plant-based bags, or just fewer bags by using washable trash cans,” said Sandra Suarez, Ramapo College biology professor and Upward Bound Math Science program director. of the school, to NJ Advance Media.
Complying with plastic bag restrictions will be easier than expected.
Several retailers, like Walmart and Amazon, offer eco-friendly options in different styles and sizes.
Here are seven places you can buy eco-friendly reusable bags online in anticipation of the plastic ban.
- Kohl’s stocks reusable bags of various brands and sizes, including sports-themed bags.
- Walmart offers private label reusable shopping bags, as well as other brands and companies.
- Amazon has bulk listings for shopping bags that come in different designs and sizes.
- Home Depot sells its store brand option and mesh bags for produce.
- Oriental Trading sells customizable individual bags and bulk bags for businesses, schools and special events.
- Target offers branded shopping bins in-store and online, as well as those from other manufacturers.
RELATED STORIES ON RETAIL AND SHOPPING:
Target’s spring sale has big deals on grills, patio furniture and kitchen appliances
Best carry-on 2022: Here are 5 affordable options, according to reviews
PetSmart Easter Photos 2022: When, Where, and How Pets Get Free Easter Bunny Photos
Our journalism needs your support. Please subscribe today to NJ.com.
Victoria Rosenthal can be reached at email@example.com. Do you have any advice? Tell us at nj.com/tips.