From handbags and purses to shoes and wallets, we want you to enjoy your leather goods for a lifetime. From the moment they are made until they are in your hands, they should be treated with care. Treat a high quality leather bag with respect as it is the product of years of work by skilled craftsmen. No, you don’t need to obsess over them, but you should learn how to take care of them properly.
You can preserve the value and beauty of your most prized possessions by taking the time to care for your luxury leather handbags. Let’s say you’ve purchased a beautiful Celine handbag – it’s a well-made, high-quality item that will keep its value and shape for years to come, but it will do so even better if you take good care of it. If you refuse, the leather may split, the texture may stain and the colors may fade quickly. Follow our instructions to keep the bag in perfect condition.
Check the authenticity before buying these high end handbags. With the help of LegitGrails, you can legit check Celine Bag always.
Regular maintenance of designer bags
Daily care is the first step in caring for your leather handbags and other products. You can avoid excessive stress and strain and extend the life of your items for years by following certain rules.
- Leather is a type of skin that can stretch. To keep your purse, purse, or wallet looking its best, don’t overfill it.
- Scratches can really mar a bag that has been meticulously crafted. When you go outside, be careful not to come into contact with sharp surfaces, overly ornate clothing, or bulky jewelry.
- Take extra care with leather products that you use frequently. Use a soft cloth once a week or a brush to wipe away smudges and dust.
- Wet leather requires special attention, so avoid getting it wet.
How to clean leather accessories
Always test a small, inconspicuous area before cleaning the leather. To clean your luxury leather goods, never use saddle soap, hair dryers, oils, abrasive cleaners, furniture polish, ammonia or varnish. Here are some of our tips for cleaning your leather step by step.
- Clean the inside as well as the outside of the bag.
- Wait a few minutes for the protective lotion to dry before applying it.
- If you don’t have enough time to clean the whole bag, focus on the key parts, like the handles. A quick wipe down will keep them looking like new for longer.
- Regularly clean the leather with a soft brush or towel.
- Let the leather breathe regularly.
- Wet leather should be dried naturally, without using artificial heat.
- Spots and stains should be cleaned with a mixture of soap flakes and warm water.
- To sanitize and remove residue from regular use, use a steam cleaner.
- Before using conditioners, cleansers, polishes or waxes, test them in an isolated area.
- Do not wash your leather handbags in a washing machine
- Avoid getting the leather wet.
Related: Top 7 women’s fashion trends for summer 2021
You might be wondering how to store your luxury leather handbag: One of the easiest ways to avoid damaging the leather and maintain its high-quality finish is to store it properly.
- To prevent scratches, keep handbags in a dust bag (Each genuine handbag comes with a dust bag. A cotton pillowcase can be used instead of the original dust bag if you don’t have one; avoid using a colored cloth to prevent color transfer.)
- Keep leather away from sunlight to prevent fading
- Avoid using plastic bags as they restrict air circulation.
- Heat from artificial sources, such as radiators, can cause leather to dry out and crack.
Caring for Different Types of Leather Goods
It is important to remember that each type of leather requires separate treatment. For example, light tones are more vulnerable to apparent wear, but black or darker leather is more forgiving and can hide minor flaws. Your accessories will stay in good condition with regular gentle brushing and semi-regular cleaning with a damp cloth.
Shiny and smooth leathers are also different: smooth leather requires special care to maintain its shine. Consequently, difficult cleaning procedures should be avoided. If you think cleaning your leather handbag is unmanageable, you can always ask professionals to do a deep cleaning for you!
Become a Harlem Insider – Register for our Newsletter!