- Kgothatso Angela Gugu Mphaka has done an outstanding job after winning 7 accolades
- She was rewarded with cash in the amount of R50,000 as well as a range of gifts including a brand new Toyota AGYE.
- Social media users were blown away by the girl’s incredible academic performance in 2021
PAY ATTENTION: Follow Briefly News on Twitter and never miss the hottest topics! Find us on @brieflyza!
Kgothatso Angela Gugu Mphaka has done her province and country proud after winning seven accolades and surpassing all learners in Mpumalanga. She graduated from KwaMhlanga Secondary School, a school located in a township.
Graduated with Distinction
She achieved outstanding results in the following subjects:
- English first complementary language level 7
- Isidebele Language spoken at home level 7
- Mathematics level 7 (300 out of 300)
- Physical Science Level 7 (300 out of 300)
- Accounting level 7 (300 out of 300)
- Life sciences level 7
- Life orientation level 7
A boy from the canton obtains 100% in 3 subjects, mathematics, physics and life sciences, and obtains 7 distinctions
PAY ATTENTION: Never miss the latest news – join the Briefly News Telegram channel!
Thanks to her incredible efforts, she is also the top learner in quintile 2 schools in South Africa. Schools in quintile 1 are the poorest, followed by quintile 2. News of its success was posted online by the official Facebook page of the Mpumalanga Ministry of Education.
She was showered with awards for her outstanding achievements. She received R50,000 along with a range of other gifts including a brand new car.
- R10,000 from Standard Bank
- R 10,000 from SASOL to be the best math student
- R10,000 from SASOL to be the best student in physical sciences
- R10,000 from SAICA for being the best learner in accounting (300 out of 300)
- R 10,000 from IDC for being the best learner across quintile 2 schools
- Tablets and data (Vodacom)
- Laptop and bag (SAICA)
- Luggage Bag
- bar fridge
- A travel bag
- A sandwich maker
- A sports bag
- A branded backpack and a
- New Toyota AGYE
Summary of the week: schoolgirl goes to school in a Porsche, SARS hires students, Shauwn Mkhize and Somizi’s party
Social media users were amazed by the girl’s achievement
Angelina Tlangpuleng Bavuma:
“May the Almighty God protect her and give her all the wisdom she needs to navigate the tertiary life and ward off the vultures from her life in the mighty name of Jesus Amen.”
“It’s beautiful! Congratulations Kgothatso! We are proud of you. Congratulations to her single parent who supported her, Congratulations to the principal and staff of KwaMhlanga Secondary School, a township school. This confirms that a quality education is available and possible at these schools.This school has produced two of the province’s most successful learners.
Bhekani Sipho Mrube Memela:
“Halala girl, very proud of you, you set the bar high, hope this inspires others, to have confidence and rise above it all.”
Top Student Inspires With Incredible Grades As Locals Praise His ‘Smart’ Hair
Earlier, In brief News reported that St John’s College matriculation Tiyani Mthombeni has been hyped not only for her impressive school grades but also for sporting her natural locks in a school photo. The college posted a series of tweets showcasing their graduates along with their impressive results.
Milana Vayntrub net worth, age, children, AT&T, relationship
Mthombeni received an astonishing overall average of 87.3% with six honors in native English, history, LO, math, music and physical science. Mthombeni further impressed online users by being in the top 1% of applicants by subject for English.
Saffas quickly headed to the comments section to show his appreciation for the institution, which doesn’t seem to govern black hair.
Source: News in Brief